According to multiple tweets, Disney Parks Chairman Josh D’Amaro was seen speaking to Cast Members in the Downtown Disney District of Disneyland.
His visit to the shopping and dining district comes just days after he announced that Disney would be laying off 28,000 employees, aka Cast Members.
Twitter user @powerfuldog (Nate Pester) posted a tweet about seeing D’Amaro at Downtown Disney. See below:
D’Amaro looked “defeated” and apologised to employees plus allowed them to vent and cry, as the above-tweet states. More tweets relating to D’Amaro’s Downtown Disney visit can be found below:
For the record, Bob Iger (Executive Chairman of The Walt Disney Company) and Bob Chapek (CEO) have not released statements regarding the layoffs.
The Walt Disney Company restored the salaries of its Senior Executives in late August, when thousands of Cast Members were still on furlough.
Layoff related articles can be found below:
- The Walt Disney Company to Lay Off 28,000 U.S. Employees
- 6,700 Non-Union Walt Disney World Employees to be Laid Off
- Disneyland Union Says Approximately 950 Members Will Be Laid Off
- Disneyland Food Service Workers Union: Over 2,500 Members Expected to be Laid Off
- 279 Disney Vacation Club Employees to be Laid Off in December
- Disney Provides Breakdown of Walt Disney World Layoffs
- Almost 2,700 Non-Union Disneyland Employees Will Be Laid Off
Stay tuned to Orlando Theme Park Zone for more Orlando theme park-related news and information.