Disney has provided a breakdown of the various business divisions of Walt Disney World which will be affected by the layoff of 6,700 non-union employees, aka Cast Members. As a friendly reminder, negotiations continue with Disney World unions to determine the number of unionised roles which will be cut.
The latest information from the union, obtained by Blog Mickey, suggests that over 21,000 Cast Members haven’t been recalled prior to the layoff announcements. With that being said, listed below is a breakdown of the divisions that Disney reported layoffs for:
- Team Disney – 6,246 employees (finance, operations, and more – potentially resort-wide positions)
- Celebration offices – 65 employees (administrative)
- Orlando International Airport – 49 employees (merchandise, operations)
- Creative Costuming – 22 employees
- Disney Reservations Center – 8 employees
- Disney Vacation Club – 279 employees
Disney will be contacting employees in the next few days to notify them of their status. Overall, Disney has announced that 28,000 employees will be laid off, almost 30% of its U.S. theme parks workforce.
Please keep in mind that these are non-union roles. Disney is continuing to negotiate with unions to finalise the number of affected of employees over then next few days.
Stay tuned to Orlando Theme Park Zone for more Orlando theme park-related news and information.