After reviewing our first article (Part #1), an impressive amount of work has been done in such a short amount of time.
During the day yesterday, Twitter user @bioreconstruct posted a number of new and detailed aerial photos which show the construction progress of Universal’s Epic Universe.
With that being said, let’s take a look at @bioreconstruct’s new aerial photos of Universal Orlando’s upcoming theme park.
PLEASE NOTE: Original captions for the photos will be provided (find at the bottom of the article). This will allow you, the reader, to know what you are looking at. Additionally, click on the image to enlarge it.
Super Nintendo World
Classic Universal Monsters Land
Road, Staging Area & Epic Universe Hotels
- Image #1: Aerial overview of construction at Epic Universe.
- Image #2: Aerial look at a portion of the Epic Universe site. A circle in the sand is starting to lose definition. Circle is location of a fountain in front of an in-park hotel. Hotel to be about center of this photo.
- Image #3: At center is a concrete plant in the work site of Epic Universe. In foreground is a longstanding Orange County water reclamation plant. Team member parking top right is adjacent Sand Lake Rd.
- Image #4: Aerial photo looking across site of Epic Universe. Left arrow about where the entrance will be. Other arrow about center of the theme park.
- Image #5: Aerial view of Epic Universe, looking South.
- Image #6: Arrow at a drain into a pond known as SMA-12. @tommyhawkins has a detailed video on how drainage works throughout Epic Universe, including details about this pond.
- Image #7: Wide aerial photo looking across Epic Universe. Left top arrow about center of the park, right top arrow about the entrance. Kirkman Rd is arrow in foreground, and will intersect with road with right-most that leads to guest parking. Berms seem to be shaped to be permanent.
Super Nintendo World
- Image #8: Aerial overview of construction at Super Nintendo World in Epic Universe.
- Image #9: Aerial overview of Super Nintendo World in Epic Universe. Two cranes are active with concrete forms at top. At center a white crane is assembling another crane. The blue fenced area is a staging area, and likely a future expansion pad of the park.
- Image #10: Aerial overview of Super Nintendo World construction in Epic Universe.
- Image #11: Aerial look at some of the construction in Super Nintendo World in Epic Universe. Much concrete work seen here, and also a line of vaults at left where pipes will connect.
- Image #12: Aerial look at some of the concrete work in progress in Super Nintendo World at Epic Universe. A crane is raising a form wall. Nearby are footers, pads. Top right is a very interesting set of concrete forms. Behind the crane there is a line of vaults where pipes connect.
- Image #13: Aerial look at excavation and concrete work for a show building in Super Nintendo World at Epic Universe.
- Image #14: Aerial photo of what will likely be pad for a show building in Super Nintendo World at Epic Universe. Notice the lineup of rectangles. There are also circular columns of rebar.
- Image #15: Aerial photo of some of the concrete form work in Super Nintendo World in Epic Universe.
- Image #16: Aerial overview of construction of Super Nintendo World in Epic Universe. Two cranes are active with concrete forms. A third crane is being assembled at right.
Classic Universal Monsters Land
- Image #17: Aerial look at what is believed to be classic Universal Monsters land. Blue fenced area is construction staging. Likely to be a future expansion pad for Epic Universe.
- Image #18: Aerial look at what is believed to be classic Universal Monsters land in Epic Universe. Arrow at what seems to be site dewatering.
Road & Epic Universe Hotels
- Image #19: Aerial look at some of the roads under construction in the Epic Universe site. Destination Pwy is at left, and the intersection has street sign: Public Road. Guest parking to be at right.
- Image #20: Aerial look at roads under construction at Epic Universe. Destination Pwy at lower left, and street sign at this intersection is: Public Road. Guest parking at center. Road bed at right leads to toll plaza.
- Image #21: Aerial look at where Kirkman Rd currently ends at Sand Lake.. Yellow arrows at private roads (Lockheed). Orange arrow at part of the road bed for extending Kirkman. Green arrow at Super Nintendo World in Epic Universe.
- Image #22: Aerial look at where Kirkman Rd currently ends at Sand Lake Rd. Yellow arrows are private roads (Lockheed). Orange arrow at where the Kirkman Rd extension is under construction. Not yet known how it ties with these existing roads. Green arrow at Epic Universe team parking.
- Image #23: Aerial look at one of the staging areas for Epic Universe. Blue tarps are covering what is believed to be track for Yoshi’s Adventure.
- Image #24: Aerial look at a staging area for electrical construction in Epic Universe.
- Image #25: Aerial look at where (top arrow) an Epic Universe related hotel will be built. Universal Blvd at top of photo. Construction of Kirkman Rd extension at right. Left arrow on a road bed reaching day guest parking.
- Image #26: Aerial look at what will be the intersection of Universal Blvd and the extension of Kirkman Rd. Orlando Park Stop recently reported that there’s permits for an Epic Universe hotel at the arrow.
You can find all our Epic Universe coverage here. Stay tuned to Orlando Theme Park Zone for more Orlando theme park-related news and information.