We’re delving into something new and demolished, Crossroads Plaza (find out more about the now-closed shopping complex at Walt Disney World’s front door here).
Approximately 15 hours ago, Twitter user @bioreconstruct posted a number of new and detailed aerial photos which show the demolition progress of Crossroads Plaza (Crossroads).
With that all being said, let’s take a look at @bioreconstruct’s latest aerial photos of Crossroads.
PLEASE NOTE: Original captions for the photos will be provided (find at the bottom of the article). This will allow you, the reader, to know what you are looking at. Additionally, click on the image to enlarge it.
- Image #1: Aerial look at the demolished CrossRoads plaza.
- Image #2: Aerial look at the demolished CrossRoads plaza.
- Image #3: Aerial overview at the demolished CrossRoads plaza.
- Image #4: Aerial look at the demolition of Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf in the former CrossRoads plaza.
- Image #5: Aerial overview of the demolition of former CrossRoads plaza.
- Image #6: Aerial overview of the demolition of former CrossRoads plaza.
- Image #1: Aerial look at CrossRoads plaza. Closed a few months ago, and the state plans to build ramps through here to improve the SR 535 interchange with I-4.
- Image #2: Aerial overview of former CrossRoads plaza will be demolished. New ramps to improve I-4/SR-535 traffic are planned.
- Image #3: Yellow lines in this aerial are approximate routes of new ramps planned in former CrossRoads plaza.
- Image #4 & #5: Approximate overlay of the I-4 traffic improvements planned at site of CrossRoads. Sand excavated for ponds to be used for I-4 roadbeds. Ponds also provide places for rain to drain from I-4. Attached also is FLDOT* planning map.
- Image #6: Oct 1 aerial overview of former CrossRoads plaza. Developed by Disney and sold. Then bought years later by FLDOT. Recently closed for demolition to add I-4 traffic improvements at SR 535.
- Image #7: Aerial look at CrossRoads. To be demolished starting this summer for a replacement I-4 interchange for SR 535.
*Florida Department of Transport.
We apologise for being late to the game on this demolition. Stay tuned to Orlando Theme Park Zone for more Orlando theme park-related news and information.