In a recent thread on Reddit, fans shared their ideas on what they would do if they were in charge of the Universal Orlando theme parks.
FYI: The discussion took place on the fan-run Universal Orlando Resort community page of the social media platform.
User u/Partial_Crib3000 started the thread titled ‘What Would You Do If You Were In Charge Of The Parks’ with the following:
“The question is simple. If you were in charge of the parks, what would you do? What rides would you add or remove? What would you change?”
The user’s example is rather long, so you can read it in the embedded thread below:
Some of the ideas shared in this thread are interesting to read. You can read several ideas from other Universal Orlando fans below:
u/ahablow: “Take out F & F and replace it with a Godzilla-themed indoor/outdoor roller coaster so the parks are like Godzilla vs. Kong. I’d assume Universal could give an enticing offer to Warner bros to build a Godzilla themed ride”
u/UniversalGlutenFree: “Get back to the old mantra of ‘ride the movies’. Get rid of the utterly heinous of F & F and Fallon. Replace KidZone with Bikini Bottom. Have extra evening hours for UOAPs. Introduce more gluten-free sweet treats. Coeliacs like cake too!”
u/Tpabayrays2: “[The following idea will be listed below] In this order:
- Replace F & F. Not much could be worse than that but I kinda like the knight bus rumour.
- A reworked MIB. I love the ride, it’s one of my favs but it needs some TLC. I’m thinking keep everything NOT on the ride system (aliens, props, sets, targets etc.), but redo the entire ride system with all new tracks, all new trains, and support for 7 figure scores. Maybe offer after-hours tournaments for APs?
- Diagon Alley expansion. It’s my favorite area the park, even before I saw Harry Potter. It’s so well done imo. I want more soooooo bad (of course a new ride too).
- Replace the Lost Continent with Zelda with a ride and rethemed versions of Posiedon’s Fury and Mythos. It’s kinda a random attractionless area as is, even when Posiedon’s Fury is open
- Replace the Kidzone with a kid-friendly Pokemon area, maybe with Pokemon Go integrated in. (ET stays of course). Woody Woodpecker is too outdated and I think everyone would agree with this move.
- Replace The Simpsons Ride. It’s just not a great ride ([though] not as bad as F&F). I would entirely replace it with a family-friendly indoor coaster, maybe like a cross between Hagrids and Mummy. Not sure about theming [though] but not The Simpsons (it’s become a Disney property since the ride opened)
- Complete redo of The Cat in the Hat. It’s too scary for its target audience. Keep the theme, reimagined ride
- Retrack Rip Ride Rockit, with a new music system that keeps up-to-date music. Spotify integration?
- Retheme Fallon to a family friendly property. Most underrated ride in the park imo but nobody rides it and I’m not sure The Tonight Show has great ratings, especially among young people.
- I think Kong needs to be addressed. In my opinion it’s out of place. With the themed lands of IOA it’s pinned between Jurassic Park/World and Toon Lagoon. I like Kong but i think long term it doesn’t fit the park and would go better in Epic Universe. By the time we get to item 10 (especially with a third park), it would be reasonable to think about replacing it. That said, replace it with the Jurassic World ride from the new park in China. I’ve heard really good things about that ride.”
|Rip Ride Rocket||Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit|
|F & F||Fast & Furious – Supercharged|
|Fallon||Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon|
|MIB||Men In Black: Alien Attack|
|Kidzone||Woody Woodpeckers KidZone|
|UOAP||Universal Orlando Annual Passholder|
|IOA||Universal’s Islands of Adventure|
You can follow/read the thread here. This post will be updated in due course as more fans participate in this Reddit post.
With all that being said, we’d like to pose the following question to you. What would you do if you were in charge of the Universal Orlando theme parks? Let us know your ideas in the comments below.
Stay tuned to Orlando Theme Park Zone for more Orlando theme park-related news, information, and discussion posts.