Update 3: Following the announcement of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort’s delayed reopening yesterday, Cast Members were informed that the resort’s Monorail station would be closing, temporarily, at the start of October.
WDWNT contributors have seen a number of Facility Asset Management (FAM) signs blocking platforms to the resort’s station for almost a year now, and given the announced enhancements to the Great Ceremonial House as part of the resort’s extended closure, it’s fair to suggest some work will take place at the station as part of the project.
The station is currently open with health and safety changes, with all guests required to undergo temperature checks to ride the monorail.
Information on transportation options have since been updated on the Disney Resort Hotels “Know Before You Go” webpage:
- Bus transportation is available from this Disney Resort hotel to EPCOT, Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the Disney Springs area; bus transportation will be available to Magic Kingdom park starting in early October 2020
- Water taxis are not available from this Disney Resort hotel to Magic Kingdom park
- Monorail transportation is available between the Great Ceremonial House and Magic Kingdom park until early October 2020
- The walkway to the Transportation and Ticket Center will remain open, where Guests may access the monorail and ferry boats to Magic Kingdom park
- Monorail transportation is not available for EPCOT
Update: According to a Disney World spokeswoman (via the Orlando Sentinel), Disney Vacation Club units at the Polynesian including the on-water bungalows and villas will remain open.
Original Article: Disney has announced that they intend on keeping Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort closed until Summer 2021 as they complete refurbishment work. Disney released the following statement:
“As we continue to reopen additional Disney Resort hotels to guests, we are modifying the reopening date for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort which will reopen next summer.
This schedule adjustment also allows us to complete some refurbishment work at the Resort hotel including enhancements to the Great Ceremonial House and guest rooms.
We expect work to begin in early October and look forward to sharing more about these changes in the future. The Villas and Bungalows at the resort will remain open during this refurbishment”
Stay tuned to Orlando Theme Park Zone for further updates on this developing story.
H/T Blog Mickey