Disney have announced the workshops for Epcot International Festival of the Arts 2020 (Festival of the Arts). Here’s everything you need to know!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the Epcot Experience exhibit taking over the Odyssey Pavilion, the Epcot International Festival of the Arts 2020 works will be held at the World Showplace Events Pavilion. This Pavilion is located between the United Kingdom Pavilion and the Canada Pavilion.
- Location: World Showplace Events Pavilion
- Days: Saturdays and Sundays
- Time: 10:00am to 11:15am
- Price: $45 per guest plus tax
- Separate Epcot admission required and not included
- Limited availability
(407) WDW-FEST or (407) 939-3378 to reserve your spot
- Guests under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian to call
Festival of the Arts Workshop Schedule
See the variety of workshops available that will allow you to bring your inner artiste!
Ink & Paint Animation: Presented by Lyn Rippberger, Disney Animation Ink and Paint Artist. This workshop takes place on a Saturday at 10:00am.
Workshop Official Description: Many of Disney’s animated features were created with 2D Cel Animation. Learn about the history of 2D Cel Animation and paint your very own Ink & Paint Cel with one of Disney’s Ink & Paint artists. Each week, guests will paint a different Disney Character.
- Saturday 18th January, 2020 – Mickey Mouse
- Saturday 25th January, 2020 – Minnie Mouse
- Saturday 1st February, 2020 – Donald Duck
- Saturday 8th February, 2020 – Pluto
- Saturday 15th February, 2020 – Goofy
- Saturday 22nd February, 2020 – Mickey Mouse
Disney 3D Paper Crafting: Presented by Dave Avanzino, Dave Avanzino Designs, Inc.
Workshop Official Description: You will create your own dimensional paper artwork. Learn techniques to cut, fold and add spacers to your work to create 3D Disney shadowbox art. You will have the opportunity to make your own framed magical masterpiece!
- Saturday 19th January, 2020 at 10:00am
Gesture Drawing Basics – Story Telling Drawings: Presented by Todd Bright, Bright Animation.
Workshop Official Description: Come learn the art of quick sketching from a former Disney animator whose credits include The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch and Brother Bear. During this workshop you will create your own sketch to take home. Gesture drawing of people is a foundational practice for animators, story board artists and directors. A single drawing can tell a story.
- Sunday 26th January, 2020 at 10:00am
- Sunday 16th February, 2020 at 10:00am and 10:30am
Animation 101 – Flip Book Fundamentals: Presented by Todd Bright, Bright Animation.
Workshop Official Description: Create your own moving magic and watch your drawings come to life during this animated workshop! Learn the fundamental principles of animation with a former Disney animator whose credits include The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mulan, Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch and Brother Bear. Tools to complete your creation will be provided!
Doodling with Viz: Presented by Gregg Viz Visintainer, Viz Art Ink and WonderGround Artist.
Workshop Official Description: Experience doodling to the next level. Learn, watch and draw your own doodle with hidden pictures and words to create a Viz Art Ink masterpiece.
- Sunday 9th February, 2020 at 10:00am
All appearances, presentations and events are subject to change without notice.