An all-new attraction unlike any other is set to open on the 5th December, 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (ROTR) will set the stage for the future of theme parks, as guests are immersed in a climactic battle between the Resistance and the First Order.
Listed below are 20 fascinating facts you may not have known about this forthcoming attraction:
- According to Disney, ROTR is “one of the longest Disney attraction experiences ever”.
- ROTR is set shortly after the Battle of Crait from Star Wars: The Last Jedi in the official canon timeline.
- In the attraction preshow, guests will see Rey appear via holo-transmission alongside BB-8 as they are welcomed into the Resistance as recruits.
- When you board a nearby Intersystem Transport Ship (I-TS), you’ll feel as though you’re lifting off Batuu and blasting into space.
- Poe Dameron will be your escort on this mission, flying in his signature black X-Wing Starfighter, Black One.
- Poe’s X-Wing is just one of many vehicles from the Star Wars universe that appear in the attraction.
- The attraction will feature massive set pieces, including a hangar bay filled with 50 Stormtroopers and a docked TIE Fighter.
- At one point in the attraction, guests will dodge blaster bolts from Stormtroopers and giant AT-AT Walkers.
- Throughout your escape, Kylo Ren will use the Force to attempt to pry information from your mind about the location of General Organa’s secret base.
- Disney has said that guests will “feel” Kylo’s power as he hunts you down for Information. How, you ask? You’ll just have to wait and find out!
- Actors from the sequel trilogy will reprise their roles in new scenes for the attraction:
- Daisy Ridley – Rey
- Adam Driver – Kylo Ren
- John Boyega – Finn
- Oscar Issac – Poe Dameron
- Domhnall Gleeson – General Hux
- A number of the actors’ scenes for this attraction were filmed at the same time as Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- The attraction will include a new character, Lieutenant Bek, a Mon Calamari communications officer for the Resistance who will guide recruits on their journey.
- Disney Cast Members will become members of the First Order or Resistance throughout the attraction to further immerse guests in the experience.
- Disney’s A-1000 Audio-Animatronics will appear throughout the attraction, featuring dynamic and lifelike movements.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will combine multiple ride systems to tell this new story to guests. In one sequence, a simulator, will give guests the feeling of falling from space and crash-landing on Batuu.
- The trackless ride vehicles in ROTR, called First Order Fleet Transports, are some of the most advanced ever used on a Disney attraction. The vehicles have a sleek look and low profile, and are able to move in all directions.
- Guests can take home their own miniaturised version of the First Order Short-Range Evacuation Vehicle, another ride system featured on the attraction, thanks to a new playset that will be offered at First Order Cargo. The toy features details, lights and sounds from the attraction.
- To fully realise this distinctive story, Imagineers created thousands of special effects, including slashing lightsabers, blaster bolts, exploding walls and massive star fields.
- Disney have said that ROTR “throws out the rulebook for traditional attraction design,” blending together the “queue, preshow and ride” into one seamless experience.
Again, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will open on the 5th December, 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The Disneyland version of the attraction will open on the 17th January, 2020.
Source: Attractions Magazine