Walt Disney World Resort (Walt Disney World) comes out on top with the most injuries/illnesses reported.
The Central Florida state reporting of theme park injuries (including illnesses) have been released for the 3rd quarter of this year (2019).
This quarter covers injuries occurring July through September 2019 at Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando, Legoland Florida and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.
Even though Busch Gardens Tampa Bay isn’t in central Florida, it’s still included in the report. However, we can stipulate no incidents leading to injuries were reported at Busch Gardens this quarter.
For the 3rd quarter of 2019, 14 injuries and illnesses were reported at Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando and Legoland Florida:
Walt Disney World
- 21/07/19: Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid, 69-year-old female, guest with pre-existing medical condition had a seizure after experiencing this attraction
- 23/07/19: Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, 75-year-old female, guest fell loading onto the attraction; multiple abrasions and contusions
- 25/09/19: Peter Pan’s Flight, 4-year-old male, guest with pre-existing medical condition had a seizure after experiencing this attraction
- 9/07/19: Mission: Space, 34-year-old male, guest with history of motion sickness became ill after riding attraction
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- 19/08/19: Star Tours, 40-year-old male, guest with pre-existing medical condition condition had a seizure and fell after riding attraction.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- 3/07/19: Na’vi River Journey, 83-year-old male, injured hip entering the attraction.
- 5/07/19: Expedition Everest, 41-year-old female, seizure after experiencing the attraction
- 22/09/19: Expedition Everest, 45-year-old feamle, guest felt ill; migraine and vomiting
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon
- 22/09/19: Castaway Creek, 44-year-old female, guest experienced sudden memory loss
Universal Studios Florida
- 6/08/19: Revenge of the Mummy, 65-year-old male, back pain
Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- 12/07/19: Dr. Doom’s Fearfall, 62-year-old female, motion sickness
Universal’s Volcano Bay
- 11/07/19: Punga Racers, 47-year-old male, numbness
- 20/09/19: Ray Rush, 56-year-old female, elbow injury
- 13/09/19: Masters of Flight, 32-year-old feamle, pregnant women (34 weeks) complained of her lower back pain radiating to her abdomen after riding attraction.
Please be aware, only illnesses or injuries resulting in a hospital stay of 24-hours or more – death included – are reported.