The 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World is the 1st October, 2021.
Disney is looking to add 50 “magical enhancements” for the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World, according to WDW Theme Parks. The enhancements could include the following listed below:
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (BTMR): Finale
explosion set to be added to attraction.
- This element was recently added to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris’ version of the attraction.
- Jungle Cruise: Updates based on this year’s movie starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
- Walt Disney World Railroad (WDW RR): Small
scenes added to the attraction.
- However, please bare in mind that WDW RR’s closure has been extended into 2021, due to Tron Lightcycle Run construction.
- Carousel of Progress: New finale scene to be added and general freshening of the attraction.
- “it’s a small world”: Addition of Disney
- Disney Characters were recently added to the Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland version of the attraction.
- Astro Orbiter
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- Swiss Family Treehouse (SFTH)
- SFTH set to undergo refurbishment in April.
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: New effects to be added in the drop shafts.
- Expedition Everest: Yeti repair plus other enhancements.
Other attractions which may see enhancements include Peter Pan’s Flight, The Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, The American Adventure, The Seas with Nemo and Friends and more.
It’s unknown at this time if all the above-mentioned projects will be completed during the anniversary year or leading up to the anniversary year.
PlEASE NOTE: We’ve excluded the Cinderella Castle makeover as it has been confirmed in recent days.
Source: WDW Theme Parks